Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Goodbye Tativille, Hello OKCMOA Film Blog


After nine years and three hundred ninety posts, Tativille will be going on permanent hiatus. Let me extend my sincerest thanks to my exceptionally loyal readership, and my gratitude to the many of you who have contributed over the years. In particular, let me thank Jeremi Szaniawski, a frequent - and always provocative - guest writer, and Lisa K. Broad, my consistent collaborator and the author of many exceptional posts. And to the many filmmakers and artists about whom we have written over the past nine years, thank you for making this a truly extraordinary experience!

Moving forward, I will be authoring a new weekly blog in my capacity as Film Curator of the Oklahoma City Museum of Art: http://www.okcmoa.com/filmblog/. Appropriately, my first post focuses on Jafar Panahi's Closed Curtain, my favorite film of 2014. And of course, there are 389 additional pieces to explore in the Tativille archives. Happy reading, and again, thank you very much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I have visited your website less than 2 dozen times. I have truly found it to be a unique gem, a real resource for the art of filmmaking. thank you for your contributions. your website has pushed me forwards.

love amar

ps id love to understand how you hear of such a wide array of films...?

AvidReader said...

Wow. Sad to see these sites (Tativille and the affiliated Ten Best Films) come to an end. I had had a hunch for a long while that something was in the works behind the scenes once Ten Best Films had stopped seeing updates; not to mention, the long gap between the last post here. Alas, it comes with good news. Congrats on the position as Film Curator at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. They're lucky to have you.

I myself have been frequenting these sites for what seems like a decade now. I'm sure I'll return again and again for all the various reasons, so I hope you at least keep these up as archives. I'm sure they'll continue to reach new generations of cinephiles.

Thanks again for everything.

Robert Klevay said...

Hey, that's some good news, Mike! I'll follow you there. Hope Oklahoma is treating you well!